Friday, December 25, 2009
:) As I already told you, there are a lot of versions of vegetable sagu. Here is another one different from what I have already posted.
1. Capsicum - 2 large
2. Egg plant - 2 large
3. Onion - 1 large
4. Chana Dal - 1 table spoon
5. Urd Dal - 1 table spoon
6. Vegetable oil - 5 table spoons
7. Grated coconut - half cup
8. Roasted Gram (Hurikadale) - 1 handful
9. Salt to taste
10. Coriander leaves - 1 hand ful
11. Mustard seeds - 1 tea spoon
12. Curry leaves - 10
13. Tamarind - 1 table spoon
14. Jaggery - 1 tablespoon
15. Curry Powder - 2 table spoons
Coarsely chop onions and finely chop capsicum and eggplant
Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. Add chana dal and urd dal. Add curry leaves and onion and saute till onions turn gloden brown. Add capsicum and egg plant.
In a blender add grated coconut, roasted gram, tamarind, curry powder, jaggery and half cup water and blend well.
Add this paste to vegetables and add a cup of water and salt. Bring to boil and cook for 5 minutes. Add finely chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with chapathis.
Posted by Indian at 4:38 PM